How to buy a silencer aka suppressor online

Buying a suppressor online or locally is actually simple. We are a michigan based silencer company. suppressors are legal in michigan and many other states.

Buying a silencer or suppressor is allowed under the National Firearms Act (NFA). They are considered a Title II (Class III,NFA) item and their purchase is protected by the Second Amendment. In fact, before the NFA passed (early 1900s), it was very common for most families, especially in the East, to own a suppressor.  It was likely a Maxim and cost around $6.00.

If you live in any of these states you can own a silencer/suppressor:

AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IA, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, and WY. *

You can own a silencer if:

- You are least 21 years of age to buy from a dealer.

- Are a resident of the USA.

- Live in a state that allows ownership.

- Do not have any felony convictions. 

- Pay a one-time $200 Transfer Tax.

- Pass a BATFE background check with a typical process time of 120-365 days.

​The suppressor can be owned individually, as a trust or as a corporation.

For purchases in Michigan, you choose the silencer you want, you then buy it, we work together on the paperwork and then we submit the paperwork (form 5320.4 AKA Form 4) and the $200 transfer tax to the BATFE. You will have to submit fingerprints and photos. You no longer need local law enforcement (CLEO) signoff, however you are required to notify your local law enforcement that you are transferring an NFA item (you submit a simple BATFE from to them).

Once your item is approved, you simply return to us and pick it up . You do have to submit a BATFE form 4473 (same form you fill out to purchase a gun) at the time of pickup, but there is no background check as this was already completed by the BATFE.

For purchases outside the state of Michigan, the process is slightly different; you choose the silencer you want, you then buy it, but we then submit paperwork to the BATFE to transfer it to a Class III dealer in your state (of your choice) and then they process the BATFE paperwork (Form 4) and submit it to the BATFE on your behalf. Once approved, you pick it up from them (and submit a form 4473).



To buy your suppressor / silencer from us:


Find the suppressor you want to buy at our online store and add it to your shopping cart and then proceed to checkout.


During checkout under ‘1'. Select your shipping preference:’ You have two options:

Choose ‘Ship this order’ to  have the suppressor shipped to your FFL/SOT dealer. A window will  pop-up and you will enter your FFL/SOT transfer dealer's information. We  cannot ship a silencer directly to you. We must ship to your  chosen local FFL/SOT dealer. You must have your FFL/SOT/CLASS III dealer email us a copy of their FFL and SOT before we can start the transfer process.

Choose ‘In-store Pickup’ if you reside in Michigan and want to pick it up in-person at our store.


Check out and pay.


If  you are picking the suppressor up locally, in Lansing, we will contact  you to arrange a time to complete the paperwork to start the transfer  process.  You then come to our store and fill out the transfer  paperwork.  There is a requirement for fingerprinting and passport sized  photographs. There is no longer a requirement for your local Chief  Local Law (CLEO) Enforcement signoff.  We then submit the paperwork to  the BATFE and once it is improved we contact you and let you know your  silencer is ready to be picked up.

If  the suppressor is shipping to your local dealer, once the BATFE  approves the transfer to them, and it has arrived at their store, they  should contact you to come to their store to fill out and submit the  BATFE paperwork to start the silencer transfer to you. They handle the  rest of the process from that point just as if you purchased it locally  from them. They will charge you a fee for this.

Information for purchases outside of Michigan (or that ship to a another dealer in Michigan):

For those new to online silencer / suppressor buying this is how to arrange a shipment and transfer:

1) Find a licensed FFL transfer dealer (Class III) with a valid SOT in your area. Ask around or you can click HERE for an FFL dealer search site. It won't list their SOT status, but you inquire directly with them.

2)  Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a  silencer or suppressor for transfer from Red Circle Tactical. Be sure to  ask about their transfer fee.

3) If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer for you) .

4) Provide your dealer with our mailing address or email address so they can send a copy of their FFL and SOT to us.

5) Please be sure to contact us and let us know these details and we will also send you our form that you need to complete.

6) Remember to treat your local dealer with respect as they are doing this as a favor to you and are not required to do so.

Click here to locate a licensed FFL transfer dealer near you.

Speed Up Your Order:
Always include your name and order number on any correspondence you and/or your FFL send us.

You  must inspect the silencer to be sure it is the item you ordered. If  there are any concerns, do not let the dealer transfer it to you.  Ask them to wait and you should contact us right away. Once it is  transferred to you it is then considered used and we cannot exchange it  for the correct item.



Our Partners